Ashanti tote shopping bag in anthracite black
Our Iconic UNISEX Ashanti tote shopping bag puts the brakes on fast fashion. Handmade by artisans using organic waxed hemp canvas, which over time develops a rich leather like patina and becomes even more beautiful with age. The result is a striking vintage vegan leather look. A kinder, more caring alternative to wearing animal skins and plastic faux leather. Promoting a kind and cruelty free world for EVERY kind.
Available on back-order
Handmade in small batches by our incredibly talented group of artisans, each Ashanti tote shopping bag is a one of a kind. Crafted from chemical and pesticide free organic hemp canvas and waxed using our proprietary blend of organic plant-based waxes. Through the combination of individual craftsmanship and special waxing processes, the result can only be described as a truly unique, one-of-a-kind, and timeless work of art.
Every bag sold helps us fund girls’ literacy and numeracy projects in the 3rd world with the help of UK based charity onebillion.org
- Exterior made from 100% organic waxed hemp canvas.
- Beautiful hazelnut tan interior lining made from chemically unbleached 100% hemp.
- Personalised name of your choice in silver chrome letters.
- Main compartment with high-end luxury YKK smooth gliding zipper.
- Interior pocket with high-end luxury YKK smooth gliding zipper.
- Exterior pocket with high-end luxury YKK smooth gliding zipper.
- Handle drop 260mm/10 Inches
- Internal logo
- Exterior Non-descript logo free design for a subtle understated look.
- h300mm x w370mm x d100mm / 11.8"h x 14.5"w x 4"d
For centuries, sailors, hunters and traders have waxed their canvas bags, jackets and sails in order to increase functional performance. The wax coating repels water and wind and improves abrasion resistance, making waxed canvas one of the most durable, long lasting and hard-wearing materials on the planet.
As the waxed hemp canvas ages, it will naturally develop a uniquely rich patina of lines, creases and marks which add to the beauty and individual character of the material. Over time, especially in hot environments, small amounts of wax will rub off and the bag will lose its water resistance. The bag can easily be re-waxed as required using our 'cruelty free' wax bar to re-invigorate the look and feel of your bag. Instructions can be found on our blog.
To remove dirt and grime, wipe the surface with a warm wet cloth or hand wash to remove any stubborn deposits. After completely dry, re-apply the wax to the outer surfaces and allow to cure for up to 48 hours in a warm dry spot.